Thoughtful Care is dying,
it’s worth saving for our future

Thoughtful Care is a pledge of “a clinical practice that makes patients better, not worse off.”

Thoughtful Care costs less since it’s well-planned to reduce expensive and harmful complications, but unfortunately, it lacks organization, so there are zero sponsors for it.

Of the total healthcare spend, doctors’ direct cost is only 7%, and the other 93% is based on their ordering and prescribing behaviors.

Partnering with the right doctors will make a real difference in quality and cost.

We will recruit and manage a dedicated team of Thoughtful Clinicians for you who will serve your best interests and provide higher-quality care at a lower cost for your population.

We offer 2 Solutions

1. Quality/Cost Data MCI (Learn more)

2. Risk Network MRN (Learn more)

Strategy

  • Demonstrate the value of Thoughtful Clinicians to payers with an apples-to-apples comparison

  • Simplify and constantly measure patients’ quality of care, which equates to quality of life

  • Thoughtful Clinicians are bonused for high quality and lower cost

  • Is a certain treatment worth it? This decision should be made together by Thoughtful Doctors and their patients, who have built a trusting relationship

  • Machines should be trained by Thoughtful Doctors

Specialties We Cover

Coming Soon

Modus Rated Orthopedic Surgeons

Modus contracted with a third-party company, The Validation Institute, that verified our metrics and offers a Financial Credibility Guarantee of $100,000 for any customer that uses a validated solution and does not realize the marketing claim certified by the Institute. This dramatically reduces your risk of working with Modus.

How is Modus Different?

We manage healthcare through our frontline practicing clinicians’ lens

  • If we take you on as a client, we will put a portion of our fees at risk to guarantee you 2X ROI

  • Simple is hard. Simplicity often requires a lot of experience, judgment, and courage to strip away the unnecessary and focus on the essentials of what matters to patients.

  • Leadership by front-line specialty practicing doctors experienced in setting up the right environment for incentivizing clinicians to achieve better quality at a lower cost and serve patients’ and payers’ best interests.

We Serve

GROUP HEALTH and WORKERS’ COMPENSATION

Employers

Payers

Brokers

Health Plans

TPAs

Physicians Organizations

Beneficial Use Cases for the Modus Solution:

Finance and Benefits Administrators

use Modus for strategic plan design purposes to help select trusted physicians who are best suited for the benefits plan.

Care Coordinators and Nurse Case Managers

use Modus to navigate patients and help them select the right doctors nationwide.

Employees or Plan Members

use the Modus Doctors’ profiles on quality and cost to choose which specialist best meets their needs.

Insurance Underwriters

use our Doctors’ practice patterns index in any geography to inform your risk determination and pricing.

Success Stories

Modus saved our member from repeated surgery. Our members were going to doctors who said all the right things, but we did not have confidence that we would get a fair price and a good outcome.

– Benefits Manager for 2000 Employees

Initially our adjusters and RN Case Managers did not like the Modus ratings for 75 doctors in our Worker’s Comp network, but Modus Ratings was SPOT ON when we compared it to claims cost and return to work rate.

– Claims VP for National WC Insurer

Our clinical navigators used our relationships and knowledge with our local Orthopedics surgeons, but we struggled when our patients required out-of-state care, Modus did our homework to find out-of-state MSK doctors.

– Medical Director for a Regional Physician Organization

The Problem

  • Healthcare providers are battling for society’s trust and patients’ hearts and minds. Thoughtful Care is a pledge of “a clinical practice that makes patients better, not worse off.”
  • Thoughtful Care costs less since it’s well-planned to reduce expensive and harmful complications. Unfortunately, it lacks organization, so there are zero sponsors for it. Several industries sponsor doctors who practice costly, thoughtless care, resulting in unnecessary surgery, hardware, and drugs.

  • Value in healthcare remains a fleeting illusion; complacency enabled the system to increase costs while simultaneously discounting clinicians’ fees. Clinicians are burdened by hundreds of onerous quality metrics that are systematically manipulated.

  • Thoughtful clinicians are pushed to work harder for less, and Thoughtless clinicians are often rewarded for upcoding to falsely enhance quality metrics and increase discounted service volume.
  • Doctors cost 7% of the system and prescribe the other 93%. Society needs thoughtful clinicians who serve patients’ best interests.

Why Modus

Clinical Leadership

Our proven data and software gurus are led by our clinician founder, who has over two decades of experience and is still practicing medicine.

Most Comprehensive

A complete ranking of all specialty doctors and specialists using irrefutable results from 183 Million historical patient records. All Doctors are compared to their peers in the same specialty and geography.

Transparent Methodology

Quality and cost metrics with published numerator/denominator Methodology.

Highest Accuracy

We analyze, on average, 5,400 actual billing codes verifiable with Medicare and refreshed monthly, using National Provider Identifier (NPI) level data for each doctor.

Simplicity

We created an industry-first capability of distilling a clear signal from the noise of massive data into ONE simple and actionable doctors’ performance rating.

Independent

We have no affiliation with hospitals or large insurers.